I had a family gathering/late birthday celebration last Sunday. I’m not a fan of bringing the same thing to carry-in after carry-in, so this time I gave broccoli slaw a try. I know, it doesn’t sound the greatest, but if you’re a vegetable lover like me you’ll really like it! It has a crunch, sweetness and zest to it which really helps!
- 2 (12 ounce) bags broccoli slaw
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped sea salt almonds
- Pour broccoli slaw into a large bowl. Add chopped red onion.
- In a separate bowl combine yogurt, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt and garlic powder. Whisk together with a fork and pour dressing over broccoli slaw.
- Toss slaw together to make sure it’s well-dressed. Stir in raisins and almonds.
This is a great make-ahead recipe and it’s healthy too!