I’m finding out more and more that I love baking desserts, but fail to make foods that could actually be used in a meal. I’m going to work on this — bring on the main dishes and sides! But here’s one dessert I couldn’t help but give a try. (Plus the brownie part of this dessert is a great protein boost– you could eat it for breakfast!)
No-Bake Cocoa Brownies
I found this recipe in a Daniel Diet cookbook. The frosting recipe below is not. I’m still searching for a Daniel Diet version!
- 4 cups pecan pieces
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- Chop nuts into meal.
- Combine nuts, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt and stir.
- Gradually add in honey.
- Remove dough from bowl and press mixture evenly into square baking pan (I used an 8-inch).
- Place brownies into refrigerator for an hour.
- Can store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Raspberry Jam Buttercream
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 16 oz powdered sugar
- Beat butter and jam together until creamy.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar until combined. (Optional: can add in 1 Tbs of milk if you find the frosting too thick)
- Frost brownies and garnish with a raspberry or blackberry.
Aren’t these little brownies cute?!
9 thoughts on “No-Bake Cocoa Brownies with Raspberry Jam Buttercream”
I am salivating right now! Looks beyond yum!
These are great!
Mmm love these and they are no bake! Looks delicious.
Do you have a spam issue on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and we are looking to exchange solutions with others, please
shoot me an email if interested.
I get some spam comments here and there, but nothing too major. Thank you for the offer!
Aw, this was an exceptionally good post. Taking
a few minutes and actual effort to create a good article… but what can I say… I put things off a
lot and don’t manage to get anything done.
These look so pretty and I love them even more because they don’t have added sugar!
And you wouldn’t even notice there’s no sugar added…they still taste delicious! 🙂