(For those mornings when you look at your watch and time is not your friend).
It’s better to be late than to arrive ugly.
That’s what I tell myself when I drive slightly too fast while gulping down coffee/shaking from a sudden rush of caffeine.
But most of the time (or all the time), this just isn’t acceptable. How about arriving on time and beautiful? Maybe in a perfect world. Until then, here’s a facial care and makeup routine to quicken up those mornings when you pushed snooze too many times…or maybe experienced a terrible fashion crisis…or any of the awful morning things that are just bound to happen. This routine takes me 10 minutes max!
*Take note that I am a Mary Kay girl and all the products I use are from the absolutely spectacular brand.*
1. CLEANSER: Wash your face using 3-in-1 cleanser. (The 3-in-1 means it cleanses, exfoliates and refreshes.)
2. MOISTURIZER: Apply moisturizer starting in the center of the face and rubbing outward. (ALWAYS wash and moisturizer your face no matter how late you’re running. The basis for a great makeup look is awesome skin.)
3. PRIMER: Apply foundation primer. (It doesn’t take much–just a dot! And primer is wonderful because it smooths imperfections, evens skin tone and you end up using less foundation.)
4. FOUNDATION: Apply foundation by starting towards the center of the face and working outwards. Using a brush makes this look better…or use your fingers since you are running late…
5. BLUSH: Apply blush on the apples of your cheeks (fullest part of your cheeks when you smile) and extend along cheekbones. (When selecting a blush shade, choose one similar to your natural blushing skin tone.)
6. EYE CREAM: Spread a neutral-colored eye cream (also serves as a base for later mineral eye shadow color) to your entire eyelid.
7. LINER: Grad a dark-colored mineral eyeshadow and, using the tip of an eye applicator, apply along the upper and lower lashes.
8. MASCARA: Apply mascara to your upper and lower lashes. A good mascara should require only one dip in the mascara tube (never pump) to cover all your lashes.
Grab your work tote, travel coffee mug and try not to speed as you head in to the office!