Sweet potatoes are by far my favorite type of potato, and have some benefits over traditional white potatoes. They contain 400% of your daily needs of vitamin A (good for eye health). They also have more vitamin C (good for your immune system), fewer calories, more fiber and less total carbs. And most importantly in my opinion, they taste sweet. I have always been a sweet over savory type of person.
I found that roasted sweet potatoes makes a yummy side dish or snack! This recipe is super easy and doesn’t require a huge time commitment. I also don’t feel as guilty for eating a ton of it!
- 8 medium sweet potatoes cut into small cubes (I left on the potato skin…it’s too delicious to peel!)
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Make sure all the sweet potato pieces are coated evenly.
- Spread the coated potatoes in a single layer on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. I stopped halfway through and turned the tray to make sure the pieces were cooked evenly.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
2 thoughts on “Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes”
Reblogged this on Collection of Interests Blog.