I am becoming a big fan of brunch…mostly because of the wonderful combination of breakfast food without the just-waking-up-I-don’t-want-to-eat-much-food feeling. I don’t like big breakfasts. I do, however, like a big brunch! My mom has this really good breakfast casserole. She suggested I photograph her recipe and add it to the blog. My mom brought this dish to a bridal shower brunch we were both helping at this weekend, so I can truthfully say I tasted this recipe and it is very, very good! And not only does it taste good, it is extremely easy to make. Take a look!
Spinach Egg Casserole (serves 12-15)
- 1 24 oz. container of low-fat or non-fat cottage cheese
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 9 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- additional grated sharp cheddar cheese for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine and mix all ingredients.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 inch dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake for one hour or until knife blade comes out clean after being inserted.